Publications by Our team
Please see our Team Pages for links to our Publications on ResearchGate
An assortment of agenda-setting publications from our staff that are helping shape and improve the practice of restoration.
Relevant Reports by our Staff
- Portugal, E., Wheaton, JM., Sorenson, K., Majerova, M., Hunt, B., Bouwes, N. 2015. Hardware Ranch Adaptive Beaver Management Plan. Prepared for Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. Logan, Utah. 26 Pages. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.29887.30883
- Portugal E., Wheaton, JM., Bouwes, N. 2015. Spring Creek Wetland Area Adaptive Beaver Management Plan. Prepared for Walmart Stores Inc. and the City of Logan. Logan, Utah. 25 Pages. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.2075.3361
- Portugal E, Wheaton JM and Bouwes N. 2015.Technical Report: Pine Creek Watershed Scoping Plan for Restoration: Using Beaver Dam Analogs and High-Density LWD to Initiate Process-Based Stream Recovery. Prepared for the Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs. Logan UT, 52 pp. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.1607.9527
- O'Brien G, Wheaton JM and Bouwes N. 2015. Synthesis & Recommendations from Middle Fork John Day River Styles - Leveraging the River Styles Framework in Tributary Habitat Management for the Columbia River Basin. Fluvial Habitats Center, Utah State University, Prepared for Eco Logical Research and Bonneville Power Administration, Logan, UT, 20 pp. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.3937.3129.
- O'Brien G and Wheaton JM. 2015. River Styles Report for the Middle Fork John Day Watershed, Oregon. Ecogeomorphology and Topographic Analysis Lab, Utah State University, Prepared for Eco Logical Research and the Bonneville Power Administration, Logan, UT, 207 pp. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.3251.2329
- Wheaton JM and Macfarlane WW. 2014. The Utah Beaver Restoration Assessment Tool: A Decision Support & Planning Tool – Manager Brief, Ecogeomorphology and Topographic Analysis Lab, Utah State University, Prepared for Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, Logan, UT, 16 pp.
- Macfarlane WW, Wheaton JM, and Jensen ML. 2014. The Beaver Restoration Assessment Tool: A Decision Support & Planning Tool for Utah. Ecogeomorphology and Topographic Analysis Lab, Utah State University, Prepared for Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, Logan, Utah, 142 pp.
- Wheaton JM. 2013. Scoping Study and Recommendations for an Adaptive Beaver Management Plan. Prepared for Park City Municipal Corporation. Logan, Utah, 30 pp. DOI: 10.6084/m9.figshare.903648.
- MacFarlane WW and Wheaton JM. 2013. Modeling the Capacity of Riverscapes to Support Dam-Building Beaver - Case Study: Escalante River Watershed, Final Report Prepared for Grand Canyon Trust and the Walton Family Foundation, Logan, UT, 79 pp.
- CHaMP (Columbia Habitat Monitoring Program)♠. 2012. Scientific protocol for salmonid habitat surveys within the Columbia Habitat Monitoring Program, Prepared by the Integrated Status and Effectiveness Monitoring Program and published by Terraqua, Inc., Wauconda, WA, 188 pp.
- Ward MB, Nelle P and Walker SM (Eds)♠. 2011. CHaMP: 2011 Pilot Year Lessons Learned Project Synthesis Report. Bonneville Power Administration: Portland, OR, 95 pp.
- Wheaton JM, Bennett S, Bouwes N, and Camp R. 2012. Asotin Creek Intensively Monitored Watershed: Restoration Plan for North Fork Asotin, South Fork Asotin and Charlie Creeks, Eco Logical Research, Inc., Prepared for Snake River Salmon Recovery Board. Logan, UT, 125 pp.
- Pollock M, Wheaton JM, Bouwes N and Jordan CE. 2011. Working with Beaver to Restore Salmon Habitat in the Bridge Creek Intensively Monitored Watershed: Design Rationale and Hypotheses, Interim Report, NOAA Northwest Fisheries Science Center, Seattle, WA, 63 pp.